Implement Lockout Tags to ensure compliance with OSHA's Lockout/Tagout standard. Here are some additional specs:
- Hang on equipment and machinery to indicate a lockout
- Lockout tags are required to properly mark and identify a lockout situation
- Back of tags include space to include info such as personnel involved, completion date, and additional notes
- Tags are 5 3/4" x 3 1/4" in dimension and are available in packs of 5 or 25
These tags are available in the following three materials:
- Synthetic Cardstock – Pliable 10-mil pulp-free synthetic cardstock material (polyolefin based) with a 3/8” hole (grommet available upon request). Since material has no wood or paper content, it will not rip or disintegrate in moist conditions. Ideal use for indoor and short-term outdoor conditions. Write-on surface is scuff-resistant with a matte finish.
- Plastic – Flexible 15-mil polyethylene plastic material with a 3/8” brass grommet. Material is water-resistant and can withstand weather conditions. Therefore, it is useful for both indoor and outdoor applications. Writable surface is mar-resistant with a matte finish.
- Laminated – 10-mil synthetic cardstock with 7-mil matte laminate on both sides and a 3/8” brass grommet (24-mil thickness altogether). Matte surface finish is easy to write on, but is also resistant to scratches and abrasions. This material is waterproof, tear-proof, weather-proof, chemical resistant, and can withstand most dirty environments; therefore, this tag is ideal for more extreme conditions.